Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Mind-Body Thailand Forum

Visit the Mind-Body Thailand Forum on facebook

Author Topic: Although it may say "Thailand" on the outside . . .  (Read 1282 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mindbodythailand.net
Although it may say "Thailand" on the outside . . .
« on: October 18, 2013, 04:23:26 AM »
Although it may say "Thailand" on the outside, but . . .   There is a lot more on the inside!        
Fri 18 Oct 2013, 11:22 am

Hello All,

Welcome!

To paraphrase an old advertising slogan (whose source eludes me at the moment) :   It may say "Thailand" on the outside . . . but there is a lot more on the inside!

Mind-Body Thailand is, of course, about Thailand, is for those who live, work, play and  visit here, and those who are interested in Thai culture, language and cuisine in all it's aspects, whether incountry or from afar.    The genesis of this comes from the fact while I am a American, i have lived in Asia for over 20 years, nearly 15 of them in Thailand.  However, as I do not live in Bangkok or Chiang Mai,  many of the things I am interested in are not readily available to me "on the ground" here.   For example, here in Khon Kaen, there are no TaiChi classes that I have been able to find.  Some years ago, the only yoga was at the fitness centers in the big hotels.  Happily, there is more choice these days.  Those are just two examples that come easily to mind.  However, as great as it is living in Thailand, there is just a lot of stuff that is unavailable or very difficult to find.    Hence our primary mission; to provide goods, services and stuff online for those who can't find it or don't want it "on the ground."

Keep in mind, however, the "mind-body" part of our name is really the "BIG TENT" part of our community and our ongoing discussions:  Yoga, TaiChi-QiGong, Meditation, Biofeedback, Brain Training, Recovery form Addictions, Psychotherapy, REBT-CBT and so on are not specific to Thailand, and it is our goal to make MBT a premier source for quality information, instruction, discussion and engagement in this important and admittedly BIG TENT!  "BIG TENT"?  You bet! And maybe even a strange bedfellow or two or three!  Discussions and posts about personal growth, self-improvement, health and wellness, healthy eating, healthy living, my favorite "rational thinking and living", fitness, meditation, philosophy, religion, "spirituality," healing, meditation, brain training, biofeedback, neurofeedback, and anything else related.  See.  BIG TENT, right?

So please, jump in and share about your practice, path, interests.  Make friends. Share videos and photos.  Hang out.  Ask Questions.  Give advice.  Provide  information.  Teach.  Learn.  I am very excited to watch this community grow organically and see where that growth takes us.

It may say "Thailand" on the outside . . . but there is a lot more on the inside!

kaliyani

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 05:14:15 AM »
massage in Dubai

I’m still learning from you, but I’m trying to achieve my goals. I absolutely enjoy reading all that is written on your blog.Keep the tips coming. I liked it

garrysingh817

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 05:35:00 AM »
hiiii.........