Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Big Welcome to the OFFICIAL Mind-Body Thailand Forum

Visit the Mind-Body Thailand Forum on facebook

Author Topic: Thai Lessons & Mexican Food! Great News!  (Read 969 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.mindbodythailand.net
Thai Lessons & Mexican Food! Great News!
« on: July 04, 2013, 11:53:21 AM »
Quote from: Rex
[ATTACH=CONFIG]142[/ATTACH] If you happen to be in Khon Kaen or nearby, stop by Toro Loco at Pimanchon 2 for some fantastic Mexican cuisine and Thai Language lessons with Ms. Katt.   After your lesson, enjoy a great Mexican meal and a beer by the pool.  A perfect afternoon!

From Scott:

Although the majority of Katt's Thai/Isaan language students are online, she does a fair amount of face to face instruction. Starting in August, Katt will be offering 20-30 minute lessons down at Toro Loco.

Here's how it works and what it costs.

:star: Tuesday-Friday 1:30pm & 8pm and Saturday 8pm. On the weekdays, it will be the same lesson in the afternoon and evening. The focus will be on basic conservation...no reading or writing. For example, one lesson could be about pronouncing numbers 1-20, and learning how "20" is often abbreviated and pronounced completely differently in the Isaan dialect. Another lesson could be how to say "I want..." vs. "I like...".  Again, if you can't make the early lesson, it would be repeated in the evening. On Saturday, the lesson would basically be, "Ask Katt". Whether it's how to say ???? in Thai/Isaan or simply cultural questions like, "Why does my wife make major life decisions based on a palm reader's feedback?".

:star: Each lesson is independent of other lessons. In other words, there isn't a set, progressive curriculum.

:star: The price would be 1,000 baht a month...come as often as you want; renew if you like it.

:star:  Katt can be reached at 083-359-9115 or at http://kketp.com/contact-us

freejack

• View Profile
Thai Lessons & Mexican Food! Great News!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 10:03:07 PM »
That is certainly a great deal. Very useful to have one on one lessons or group lessons.